Glory Be! She's FREE! We have a new Daughter!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Waiting to Adopt tickers

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Journal Entry II from Abby

The next morning I decided that I should mention to my family how I newly felt towards adoption. Dad was preparing breakfast and my brother and I were getting ready for a late start to school. I was eager to tell my mom what had happened in my heart at the concert the night before. Walking out of my room, I saw my mom working at her desk on her computer. Very excited I said, "Mom, guess what? I feel okay and more opened to the idea of adoption then I ever have." As soon as the words came out of my mouth my mom looked a little surprised and answered back, "really?" I shared with my mom how God had spoken to me the night before and began working in my heart. "That's good Abby because people have been praying for you, " mom said. We hugged and immediately went to tell dad and Ben. I repeated to my dad the same feelings while Ben jumped up and down at the breakfast table. He was really excited! My mom and dad explained to us the long process of adoption and where our new sibling would come from. "Ethiopia," they said. Dad explained how many orphans live in Africa-- mainly because of poverty. My heart sunk. I couldn't even imagine this. I quickly realized that we had the power to change the life of one child FOREVER. One little Ethiopian girl would have a family to call her OWN. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. I can't wait to meet Ava!
Abby

No comments: